Copenhagen Summer Dance 2015
Copenhagen Summer Dance 2015
Copenhagen Summer Dance from the 10th -16th of August 2015
- Contemporary dance and ballet at the Copenhagen Police Headquarters
IMPORTANT INFOMATION ABOUT THE EVENT; PLEASE READ MORE BELOW, UNDER THE HEADLINE 'PLEASE NOTE'.
Copenhagen Summer Dance is an open-air contemporary dance event, presenting Danish Dance Theatre as well as international contemporary dance companies, at the Copenhagen Police Headquarters (Politigården). The duration of the performance is approximately 1½ hours including intermission.Through the years, Copenhagen Summer Dance has established itself as a popular – and indispensable – Danish summer tradition.
Experience an event of international standard, which in 2015 presents such exciting names as the award-winning flamenco dancer, Selene Muñoz accompanied by Stephan Jarl (live percussion and composer). (Muñoz is sponsored by The Spanish Embassy in Denmark)Read more here: http://www.selenemunoz.com/. Choreographer, Edhem Jesenkovic, has created a duet which he will perform together with the norwegian dancer, Merete Hersvik. Lotte Sigh, the Artistic Director of Copenhagen Contemporary Dance School, is presenting her piece, "Dancing With Anger" which has been created for two dancers from The Royal Danish Ballet. And finally, the talented Israeli choreographer, Idan Sharabi, has made a piece for two of his own dancers, together with Danish Dance Theatres' dancers.
Furthermore, Danish Dance Theatre will be presenting excerpts of previous successful performances and a sneak preview of the upcoming season. Choreographer, Tim Rushton is showing exerpts from Danish Dance Theatres' upcoming performance, Firebird, with music by Igor Stravinskij. Firebird will premiere at Theatre Republique in January of 2016. Last but not least, Artistic Director of Danish Dance Theatre, Tim Rushton will present an excerpt from a modern and comic ballet that he has created for the Pantomime Theatre in Copenhagen.
A comprehensive international program that we hope once again will inspire our many guests at Copenhagen Summer Dance.
There is free admission to Copenhagen Summer Dance, but seats can be reserved for 60 kr. in advance (+ 10 kr in ticket fees). While admission is free, seating is limited, so it might be a good idea to reserve a ticket in advance.
Out of the 800 spectators in the Police Headquarters, there is seating for 676 which may be reserved ahead of time. The other 124 cannot be reserved as this seating is on the ground in front of the stage. Those who sit on the ground will be provided with a cushion. If there are vacant seats, Danish Dance Theatre will also assign free access to them.
Ticket reservation can be bought online via billetten.dk (this reservation is non-refundable in case of cancellation due to rain). It is not possible to buy ticket reservations at the venue. The nearest ticket office is at Tivoli's Ticket Center, approximately 300 meters from the Copenhagen Police Headquarters, which is open until the start of the performance. Telephone: 33 15 10 12.
COPENHAGEN SUMMER DANCE
Idea & Concept: Tim Rushton
Choreography: Tim Rushton, Selene Muñoz, Edhem Jesenkovic, Lotte Sigh, Idan Sharabi among others
Costume Design: Charlotte Østergaard, Mia Stengaard among others
Companies: Danish Dance Theatre, Royal Danish Ballet, Tivoli Ballet Theatre among others
Music: G. F. Händel, Chopin, Igor Stravinskij, Tune Madsen, Stephan Jarl - live percussion and composer
Food and drink can be bought at the Copenhagen Police Headquarters at ‘Øieblikket’ – a café normally residing at the Royal Library, The Black Diamond. Read more here.
Danish Red Cross as audience guides
At Danish Dance Theatre we are very excited to announce our partnership with the Danish Red Cross, which has assembled a team of audience guides for Copenhagen Summer Dance. In this way attention is drawn to the important humanitarian work of the Danish Red Cross and furthermore the audience guides will each donate their guide-salary to the Red Cross. Help the Red Cross and sign up as a door-to-door collector on Sunday the 4th of October here.
- In case of cancellation due to the weather, reservations are non-refundable.
- The Copenhagen Police do not have any information about the performance, we kindly request that you do not call them regarding Copenhagen Summer Dance. Please use this website or our service telephone.
- If the weather forecast announces all-day rain, Danish Dance can choose to cancel the event. This decision will be announced on this site, via our SMS Service and on our service phone at 3pm on weekdays & 11am for the matiné performances. Otherwise, Danish Dance Theatre will try to go through with the day’s performance at the Police Headquarters.
- We encourage our audience to arrive 1 hour prior to the performance.
- The doors to the venue will be closed - and access will be denied - at the start of the performance.
- We request our audience not to bring any large luggage, as this is not allowed inside the Policeyard.
- There may be a queue at the venue.
- Food and drink are not allowed, but can be purchased.
Copenhagen Police Headquarters
Performances 10th – 16th of August at 8.30 p.m.
Matiné 15th & 16th of August at 2.30 p.m.