Artistic Director position available
The Artistic Director is expected to develop the artistic profile and activities of Danish Dance Theatre in accordance with the requirements laid down in the Framework Agreement with the Ministry of Culture. Danish Dance Theatre is known for its high artistic quality, for its innovative performances and for its extensive touring, both nationally and internationally. A continued audience development is essential, with offers for both the core audience and new audience members, in Copenhagen, in the regions and internationally.
The Artistic Director, who refers to the Board of Directors, is the leader of the company and has as such the managerial, artistic and financial responsibility. Some of the main areas of responsibility are:
- Development and implementation of the artistic profile of Danish Dance Theatre, as well as collaboration with international guest choreographers and other artistic partners.
- Talent development
- Planning and implementing the activities of the season, in compliance with the objectives of the theatre, both artistically and financially.
- Close cooperation with the Business Manager, as well as with production, marketing/PR and fundraising staff.
The Artistic Director should have a strong artistic profile, preferably as a choreographer with a catalogue of nationally and/or internationally acknowledged works. The Artistic Director should have an extensive national and international network within the performing arts. It is expected that the Artistic Director brings proposals and visions for the development and branding of Danish Dance Theatre as a contemporary dance company.
Additional qualification could be:
- Managerial experience of an “ensemble”.
- Knowledge of human resource management of artistic as well as administrative staff.
- Economic insight /understanding
The working languages are English and Danish, hence English is a necessity, with preferably one of the Nordic languages as well.
Salary and Terms of Employment
To be agreed upon, depending on qualifications and professional experience.
Depending on the applicant’s present contractual commitments, but preferably starting during 2018.
Deadline for applications: September 1, 2017. The applications will be treated as confidential.
Besides a full application with your past experience, please provide links to relevant sites. References are required, together with a presentation of your active and other relevant networks, including names of choreographers, organizations, politicians, etc.
You are welcome to contact:
- Chairman of the Board Anette Abildgaard at email@example.com
- Artistic Director Tim Rushton at firstname.lastname@example.org , mobile: +4540751218
- Business Manager Anne-Kari Ravn at email@example.com, mobile +4522177927
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org